Yesterday (July 4), me and Christian went to the Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Cubao. I told him that I will like to see the church after seeing some pictures online of the church's altar. Unfortunately, the church was closed but we were able to inquire about the rates that they have.
In all fairness, it is affordable compared to the other churches that we inquired at. We also asked about the hall that they have. The church offer packages that will fit the budget of any engaged couples. Their price list is as follows:
- First class - Php 9,000 - includes mass, organist, soloist, flowers and carpet
- Second class - Php 6,000 - includes mass, organist and flowers
- Ordinary - Php 2,000 - no mass, no flowers, ceremony only
- Extra charge of Php 500 for electricty of video
- Reservation fee (non-refundable) Php 2,000
- Upon interview - Php 1,000
- Balance due two weeks before the date of the wedding
We were shocked to see that the Dioceses of Cubao have a tall building like a condominium... This is where the reception halls are located. They have two halls available. One can accomodate 100 guests and the other can fit around 200 to 250 depending on the set up you may want. The bigger venue is nice, tall ceiling, big venue floor... We discovered that the rate was Php 21,000 for the bigger hall plus 5% of the caterer's contract... I was not keen of getting the venue anymore after hearing the price!!!
The search is not over. There are two places that we still have to check out. The PETA Theater Center in Quezon City and the Filipinas Heritage Library. Hmmm.. How I wish this will end already. I really want to start on the save the dates already.
Only time will tell when will the search be over...
This is the bigger hall of the Immaculate Conception Parish. High ceiling and it has air conditioning but it is a bit pricey for the look of the place.