Sunday, September 6, 2009

One more bridal fair.... not getting tired of it!!!


Me and my cousin went to the Wedding Expo of Themes & Motifs today. We went early to avoid the crowd of people that might go today since it is the last day of the event. Before we got in the venue, my cousin met one of her former officemates --- well she is my former officemate as well since we all worked the same call center before. She is one of the exhibitors for the bridal fair.

I think we spent near two hours in the venue. Looking around suppliers... since I need to get the prices of invite suppliers and photobooth. I also wanted to try the food of Josiah's to see if I really made a mistake in booking Hizon's earlier in our preparation and without even trying other caterers. Well... what can I say... I like the food of our caterer.... I am just happy that I booked Hizon's. We even went to the food tasting of Hizon's at Palacio de Maynila just to see the difference between the two. My cousin liked the food of Hizon's as well.

While we were eating, my cousin just told me if I want to book Calliope for our invites, since they are offering a 10% discount on their invites and they are willing to work with me to get the design that I want.... I said I will really book them but will just walk around. She just then said that she will pay for it as her gift to us.... I am so happy to hear those words and I am really thankful for it. At least we have one supplier checked and we don't have to spend for it.... So we have both our rings and invites as gifts. That really made my day!!!

We also talked to our former officemate and she will work out something to meet our budget for the services that they render. I guess I will just have to pay the downpayment soon to get that check from our list as well. Everything is really taking shape but with the venue we are still zero on that one. As we went around the venue, we came across one of the designers, Merlene Marcelo and we just both laughed out loud.... Our middle names are both Marcelo and we told Merlene about it.... She just laughed as well. She had a promo this September where she will work around the budget of the bride for the dress as well as the entourage if you visit her shop. I will try to go to the place and check it out and probably bring my mom with me since I really don't know anything about dresses!!!!

Of course there are the photobooths!!!! I just went around and we tried the one by Baicapture and my photo was like yuck!!! My face was too oily... I really need to find a remedy for that one.... I know powder is a quick fix but I need a solution to stop my face from being too oily.... Hmm.....

As I mentioned earlier, we went to the food tasting of Hizon's since I want to see Palacio de Maynila and man.... I can't believe that the venue is 100,000 pesos... it is just a tent with a concrete facade for crying out loud.... My cousin told me that it was not worth it.... We just enjoyed the food especially the pritchon wrap and the cheezy lasagna.... as well as the creme brulee with blueberries .... it was so good... I don't have to eat dinner anymore since I was so full with the two food tasting that we have today!!!!

I just posted some pictures of the loot bag and the agreement slip with Calliope to document this day!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment