Saturday, January 16, 2010

looking at the reception venue

Yesterday, my mom, my sister and I went out to have some girls day out. With no sleep at all from my night shift, we headed off to the Robinson's Place in Manila to look around for a prom dress for my sister and I decided to pass by Pope Pius XI Catholic Center to check out the reception venue. So we went after shopping for the prom dress that will double as my sister's cocktail gown for the wedding.. She is the only bridesmaid that I have after my other sister bailed out because she is now assigned in Iloilo and will not be able to come home to Manila until the wedding day.. hehehehe!!!

When we got to Pope Pius, the church was arranged for a wedding. They have nice flowers I must say and it is simple just the way I like it. I am not a flower-kind of girl; so I am not very particular with that one. We went to the office to ask about the reception venue... Yes, I haven't seen the reception venue that they have. It was on the second floor of their main building and I must say that it reminds me of the AVR room in my old high-school. It is a very long room, low ceiling and very dark hallway. My sister commented that the color of the curtain is really not nice. I am not really thrilled about it but I think we have no choice about it. I am keeping an open mind. I have some pictures taken but I left the file in my sister's pc back home.

The reception hall at Pope Pius... I must say that it looks nice in the picture. See the walls, it can be open to have the next room to be part of the area.
The stage that they have... It can be for the band or the couples table!

We also checked out the hotel at the back of the church. The rates are really affordable compared to the other hotels around the area. The rooms are nice and it is really simple. I expected it to be simple since most of their guests are from different religious background. They are also not strict with bringing in food and with the photos. My problem is the room is not big enough to accommodate the crew. My mom keeps on saying that the room is okay. I told her that it is really okay but my problem is the number of people that will be around during the wedding preparations. I told her that the photo-video crew alone will be around 12-15 people since the guys will be bringing their respective crews!!! I cannot picture how can we fit the number of people in there!

This is the entrance to the bedroom. I was told that all the rooms are this size... I am really debating with my mom that the suppliers will not fit here during the preparations... I counted the crew for the photo-video alone will be around 15 already... Sigh!!!

The beds are really comfy looking I must say.

Blurry shot of the lobby... it does look nice...



No comments:

Post a Comment